Friday, November 28, 2008

Fail - Sorry for the interruption

This was indeed not a good technology week for yours truly. I turned on my ex-wife's televison and it greeted me with a loud POP, with a follow-up sizzle.

Three days ago my microwave oven decided to try and imitate an arc welder. Funny... all I wanted was popcorn.

Then, Wednesday night after cleaning the house from an early Thanksgiving dinner with my daughter, her boyfriend and my ex, my laptop decides to start having problems. Files are lost, all of my motorcycle wallpaper was digitaly shredded. Luckily I have backups, so only a little was lost. The laptop itself is not completely trashed, the hard drive probably just had a minor crash.

Now, where are those backups? Not in the computer room. Not in the living room. Not in my makeshift motorcycle shop. Oh... At work. Secure in a nice locked desk drawer.

So, I took that opportunity to do something that has not happened in about four years. I bought a new laptop. So, now that I am online and doing well, I should be back on track and posting again.

(photo from icanhascheezburger.com )

No comments: